Friday, September 16, 2016

Week of 9/12/16

Ahoy!

Wow I fall more in love with your kiddos everyday! They are full of kindness and compassion, while having a deep desire for knowledge. I love the way they work together to learn, and inspire. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE REST OF THIS YEAR! It is going to be a good one. Here is what happened this week. (I will start updating the blog in the beginning of the week so you can know what is coming up.)

Math: We are working on getting back into the hang of things. This week our focus was looking at patterns in math. We focused on our addition facts. We will be moving on to subtraction next week. Just a reminder, this unit is mostly review from 2nd grade. My goal is that my students have a solid base before learning new information in the coming months.

Reading: This week we started with our new curriculum! Our first focus is about characters and how their motivations drive a story. We are reading a book called the Lemonade War! Ask your students to retell it to you! We also learned about finding evidence in a text to support our ideas.

Writing: This first week of writing class has been all about the writing process. Looking at how we go from prewriting to drafting, editing, revising, and finally publishing. Students also learned about the editing code that we will use this year.

Spelling: Spelling tests will begin next week. We do a pre-test on Monday and the post test on Friday. Words will be written in planners as well as posted here on our blog.

Homework: I had almost everyone's homework turned in today! I am hoping that we can have 100% next week! I know we can do it! Homework will come home on Monday and be due on Friday.

Reminders:
-If you have not turned in your permission slip for the instagram and facebook accounts please do so. If you have turned yours in please search for us on Facebook. I am unable to find you account if it is private.
-Fall Family Learning Night is the 27th from 6-8
-P.E. days are Monday and Friday

If you have any questions please let me know!
Thanks,
Miss Irwin

No comments:

Post a Comment